Thursday, October 22, 2009

Naiad Finished

10/22/09
Naiad was finished in time for her first show last week- after I waxed her in the motel room the night before. She came in second in her class, and the first place was also second best of show- so that was some good competition. The judges both liked her- I asked. Here are some photos of the finished carving:

There were many comments about how well I planned the grain of her fanny. Little did they know that it was a complete accident. That is just the way the grain goes.

She look peaceful and restful here, and that was the intent of the carving. Part of the way through the carving process I was sure I'd lost this feeling, but it is back and I'm pleased.

The face turned out OK, but next time I will get it better. More planning and a preliminary sculpture in clay would have made my job easier in the long run.
Thanks for your interest in my work. You can see more projects and blogs on my web site:
http://www.woodworks-by-donna.com

3 comments:

  1. People are having trouble posting comments so I will try to do it myself- Donna

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just chose Google Account for the profile and it worked just fine- maybe that is because I have a Google account? I wish it were easier to post comments here. I like to read the comments. Donna

    ReplyDelete

Followers

About Me

My photo
Life is short- do what you can to make it a good one